I have to apologize for not getting a pic of this recipe but it was too good to wait until the next making to get a pic and post.
And then there's the Buzzcocks, some classic British punk that I dig every so often, today being one of those days. - justin
Cream of Asparagus and Gruyere Soup
Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 stick butter (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 lbs asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces (cut ends where stem becomes woody or tough)
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 oz sherry
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt (room temp)
- 2 oz grated Fontina cheese
- 4 oz grated Gruyere cheese
Return to pot and stir in sour cream or yogurt and bring back up to a simmer. Slowly add Fontina and Gruyere and stir until fully melted into the soup. Serve hot with some chopped scallion as garnish.