To accompany this musically, I went with an old favorite, Down By Law. Their album Punkrockacademyfightsong is a classic and one I've listened to so often that I know it by heart. My favorite song on there is without a doubt 1944 so I went with that, though I listened to most of the album again, just to be sure. It's that good.
Mac & Cheese
Time: 45 minutes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4-6 cups water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 lb Rigatoni or Rotini pasta (these hold the sauce well but use whatever you like)
- 2 strips thick cut bacon, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream (if you like a thinner sauce also use an additional cup of whole milk)
- 12 oz cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
Add your cheese sauce to the drained pasta and mix thoroughly. Spoon the cheese sauce and pasta into a 2 qt, glass baking dish, sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese, and place in the 350 degree oven for 5 -10 minutes or until the top cheese is melted. Serve immediately and enjoy the cheesy creaminess!