Went with "Code Blue" by TSOL... it seemed like it was in the spirit of Halloween (or necrophilia, whichever). -jen
SEASONED PUMPKIN SEEDS
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hr 20 minutes
- seeds of 4 pumpkins (about 3 cups)
- heaping tablespoon of garlic powder
- heaping tablespoon of onion powder
- heaping tablespoon of bacon salt (or seasoning salt)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon Caldo de Pollo (or powdered chicken bullion)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- couple dashes of cayenne pepper
- couple dashes of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2-3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Combine all dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl until well combined.
Rinse pumpkins seeds to get all the pumpkin guts off. Spread out onto paper towels and pat dry. Pour dried seeds into a large mixing bowl. Pour melted butter and Worcestershire over seeds and mix. Sprinkle about 1/2 of the seasoning onto the buttered seeds and mix... then add more seasoning if desired - some people like them slightly seasoned, some like them heavily seasoned. (I used about 3/4 of the mix and saved the rest to season some meat for tacos).
Spread the seasoned seeds out in a single layer on a cookie sheet and roast for 1 hour and 20 minutes, stirring the seeds up every 15-20 minutes.