Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Cranberry Pecan Marshmallow Treats

Sometimes you just need something a little sweet.

I went with some of my favourite folk punk - Defiance, Ohio doing "Condition 11:11".  When I see the clock say that time, all I can sing in my head is, "At 11:11 every night I make wishes..."  And I see the clock say 11:11 a lot.  -jen


CRANBERRY PECAN MARSHMALLOW TREATS
Time:  10 minutes 
Difficulty:  Super Easy
Makes:  9-16, depending on how big you cut 'em
  • 3 tablespoons butter, plus a little extra
  • 6 cups plain corn flakes*
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries 
  • 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
  • 4 cups mini marshmallows
Lightly butter a 2-quart (8"x8") baking dish with the extra butter.

In a large bowl, combine corn flakes, cranberries and pecans.  Set aside.

In a medium sauce pan over low heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter.  Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted and combined.

Pour over corn flake mix and mix well.  (Do this part quickly!)

Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and using a spatula or your hand, press mixture firmly into pan.

Let cool.  Cut and serve.  You can place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to help speed up the cooling process.

For storage, I like to wrap them individually in plastic wrap and then put them all in a ziplock.  Keeps the from getting stale.

*I used a name brand that comes with little honey and oat granola clusters, the kind you love "bunches"... but being pre-sweetened, it made the squares a little on the uber sweet side.


No comments:

Post a Comment