Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Liquored Up Leftover Pie Pops

Apple Crisp and Piehole Pecan Pie pops

I made some apple crisp the other day and I had just a little leftover.  I was going to eat it, as is, but it would have been a pretty small serving.  Looking in the fridge, I was inspired!  I always have plain Greek yogurt because I like to make berry smoothies - I make a double batch, pour a glass for myself, then freeze the rest so I have some froyo later.  I had that in mind when I decided to make these frozen yogurt pops!

Really, I think it'd be delicious with just about any kind of sweet pie (if you want to make yourself savoury, meat pie yogurt pops, you go right ahead!) and you can come up with a plethora of delicious liquors to put in them!

The punk rock stylings of Street Dogs with "I Got Drunk".  -jen

 

LIQUORED UP LEFTOVER PIE POPS
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Difficulty:  Easy
I used a stick blender with mine
Makes: about 2 cups - I got 4 pops out of them 
  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 cup of leftover pie (about 1 slice)
  • 1 shot of alcohol (or a 50ml bottle) - I recommend Piehole's Pecan Pie Whiskey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • sugar if desired
Using a blender, combine all of the ingredients.  (I like to leave a little bit of chunky pie bits in there instead of blending it completely smooth.)  Taste mixture.  You may need to add some sugar, depending on how sweet your pie and/or liquor are.

Pour into pop molds and freeze for several hours.  If you don't have pop molds, just use a cup and stick a straw in it for a handle.  You can get all MacGyver if you need to!



No comments:

Post a Comment