I was singing along loudly with the Bouncing Souls' "Lean on Sheena" whilst making these this afternoon. -jen
S'MORES LACEY COOKIES
Time: 10 min. per batch, about 50 minutes total
Makes: 48 cookies
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 cups old fashioned (rolled) oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (I used unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 oz king size Kit Kat (or 2 regular sized ones), chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 1.5 cups mini marshmallows (not big ones!)
In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar together. Then add eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla extract. Beat together.
In a separate bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add to the wet mix while mixing at a medium speed. When the flour is combined, add the oats, coconut, and walnuts until combined. Then mix in by hand with a wooden spoon the Kit Kat pieces and the marshmallows. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
Scoop 1.5 tablespoon balls of dough and place 6 to parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing about 3" apart. Cookies will spread out thin so you want to give them plenty of space. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes, until golden and edges are just starting to brown. Remove and allow to cool on a baking rack. Remember to put the dough back in the refrigerator in between baking.