Doh! Forgot to put down what we were listening to while I baked last night! Kind of defeats the purpose of a punk rock cooking page, doesn't it? Then it'd just be a boring cooking blog that nobody followed... instead of a kick ass punk rock cooking blog... that nobody follows. And actually... we weren't even listening to punk rock while I baked. Had an electronic 80's Pandora station on - lots of Gary Numan, New Order, Depeche Mode.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, melted
- 2-1/4 pounds (4.5 bricks) cream cheese, room temp
- 1-2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, room temp
- 1 cup Peppermint Mocha Kahlua
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
For Filling: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually mix in sugar. beat in eggs 1 at a time. Blend in Peppermint Mocha Kahlua and vanilla. Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips over crust. Spoon in filling. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake cake until puffed, springy in center and golden brown - about 1 hour 20 minutes. Cool cake completely.
For Whipped Cream: Beat cream, sugar and coffee powder until peaks form. Spread mixture over cooled cake.
This one isn't going to have the delicious coffee whipped cream because I'm taking it in to work. Going to try to get pictures of it out of the springform pan!