I was reminded the other day that I hadn't used anything from Rancid's new album with one of our recipes. So here is another Rancid Recipe - the title track, "Honor Is All We Know". -jen
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 mimuntes
Difficulty: Very easy
Serves: 4-6, depending on serving size
- 6 large garlic cloves
- 6 anchovy filets (I'm inclined to use the whole 2oz can)
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives (or green, or black, or D-all of the above)
- 12oz dried pasta (your choice: spaghetti, bow tie, rotini)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-5 large scallions, diced (about 1/2 a cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped or julienned
- 4oz Romano cheese, crumbled
Mince together garlic, anchovies, and sun dried tomatoes. Roughtly chop the kalamata olives right into the minced mix. Set aside.
Add pasta to boiling water, bring back to a boil, and then turn down to a low boil, cooking 6-8 minutes until al dente (still slightly under-cooked. Pasta will cook more in skillet.) Drain and reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water.
Add pasta to skillet mixture with 1/4 cup pasta water. Cook another 1-2 minutes (sauce will mostly absorb into pasta). Remove from heat and toss with lemon juice and zest, basil, (a dash more of wine, if you like,) and crumbled Romano. Add salt and pepper to taste (careful with the salt since the olives, capers and cheese will add a lot of salt). Serve immediately while hot, however, it is quite tasty left over cold, straight out of the fridge.